Uniquartz requires very little maintenance to keep the surface looking like new. For everyday routine cleaning of your Uniquartz countertop we recommend wiping the surface with clean warm soapy water from a mild detergent and a damp cloth, followed by drying the surface with a clean towel. We also recommend use of a quality stone-safe spray and wipe cleaner such as Tenax® BrioTop found in the Tenax® Quartz Care Kit regularly. Please understand that the concrete finish will require more daily maintenance than our polished finish as metal marks, fingerprints and other signs of daily living will show on the concrete finish. It is also important to understand that like all materials with dark colours show marks and smears more readily than light colours.
Tough? Yes. Indestructible? No.
As with any surface, Uniquartz can be permanently damaged by exposure to h4 chemicals and solvents that undermine its physical properties. Do not use any products that contain trichlorethane or methylene chloride, such as paint removers or stripper. Avoid any highly aggressive cleaning agents like oven cleaner that have high alkaline/pH levels. Should the surface be accidentally exposed to any of these damaging products, rinse immediately with water to neutralize the effect.
We always recommend cutting on an appropriate cutting board and never directly on the Uniquartz surface.
As Uniquartz is virtually non-porous it will keep its lustrous gloss and ultra-smooth surface without polishing and it never needs sealing.
Uniquartz will tolerate brief exposures to moderately high temperatures, however,prolonged direct contact with, or radiated heat from very hot pots can cause thermal shock, discolouration or damage. Therefore we do not recommend placing hot pots, pans, electric frying pans, oven trays, etc. directly from the hotplate or out of the oven onto the surface of Uniquartz. We always recommend the use of a chopping board or heat trivet to place hot items on.
Tenax®Quartz Care Kit
The Tenax® Quartz Care Kit has been specially formulated to remove the most stubborn stains such as red wine or beetroot while taking care of your Uniquartz surfaces. It is also suitable for cleaning sinks and taps, baths and basins, shower recesses, tile surfaces and cook tops. New boxesoftheTenax® Quartz Care Kit can be purchased through our online store found at http://www.ugml.co.nz
Substance Cleaning Method
- Red Wine -Tenax® Quartz Care Kit–Quartz Ax Cleaner
- Beetroot -Tenax® Quartz Care Kit –Quartz Ax Cleaner
- Coffee / Tea -Tenax® Quartz Care Kit –Quartz Ax Cleaner
- Cordial -Tenax® Quartz Care Kit –Quartz Ax Cleaner
- Spices -Tenax® Quartz Care Kit –Quartz Ax Cleaner
- Food Oils –Tenax® Quartz Care Kit –Briotop
- Glue / Silicone / Paint –Methylated Spirits
Extra Stubborn Dried Spills & Stains
For removal of extra stubborn stains or if you wish to give your Uniquartz surface a thorough clean then we recommend Tenax® Quartz Ax Cleaner found in theTenax® Quartz Care Kitand a 3M™ Scotchbrite™ All-Purpose Cleaning Pad which can be used without damaging the stone.Before cleaning your quartz surface using Tenax® Quartz Ax Cleaner, be sure to test the cleaner at the intended dilution ratio on a small area of the surface before proceeding with the following instructions.
- Dilute the Tenax® Quartz Ax Cleaner in a solution of water.
- Wet the benchtop and 3M™ Scotchbrite™ All Purpose Cleaning Pad.
- Use the Cleaning Pad or brush to applythe solution of Tenax® Quartz Ax Cleaner to the quartz surface
- Once applied, leave the diluted solution on the stones surfacefor at least 2-3 minutes but no longer than 30 minutes.
- Wipe off the excess liquid and rinse with water.
- Dry surface with a clean towel
- Regular Usage Dilution Ratio: 1:100 -1:30
- h4er Usage Dilution Ratio: 1:30 -1:15
- Use With Caution: 1:15 –Pure
- Do not use Tenax® Quartz Care Kit –Quartz Ax Cleaner with detergents containing hypochlorite.
- Do not use on marble and other acid sensitive surfaces, may cause corrosion and irreversible opacity.
- When a surface is treated for the first time we suggest testing the product on a small hidden partto determine the correct dosage to achieve the desired result.
- Close container after usage, keep out of reach of children.
- As this is a powerful cleaner avoid contact with the eyes and skin.
- Storein a cool non-humid areaaway from sunlight.